Constant jaw pain and clicking or popping sounds when you chew or talk could indicate you’re suffering from TMJ disorder. At Denise DiBona, DDS, LLC, we will determine if you have a TMJ disorder and provide TMJ treatment in Red Bank to relieve your discomfort.
Most dentists provide only one TMJ treatment, but at our office, we use several options to treat TMJ disorder:
- Oral Appliances – Dr. DiBona will custom-make an oral appliance for you, using impressions of your teeth. This ensures a proper fit to provide you with a comfortable way to get the relief you need. An appliance relieves pressure on your jaw and stops you from grinding teeth, a behavior found in many people with a TMJ disorder.
- Facial Relaxation Treatments – These fast injections help eliminate jaw pain and are a great migraine and headache solution.
- Orthodontic Treatments – You may need Invisalign or another kind of orthodontics to correct bite problems that contribute to TMJ pain.
Call Denise DiBona, DDS, LLC at 732-945-5343 today for a consultation at our Red Bank office so we can make that pain go away for good.
TMJ Symptoms Signal You Need to See Us
The disorder of the jaw joint is typically identified by the pain associated with it. Your mouth may hurt near your ears, and you could be suffering from muscle pains, headaches, and migraines. The actual causes of TMJ are unknown, and it is not clear why the condition forms. However, some known factors may trigger the condition, such as:
- Bruxism, or teeth grinding
- Pulled muscles or other types of trauma
- Bad bite (malocclusion)
Genetics also play a role in TMJ disorder. For instance, women are more prone to the condition than men. Even though there is often no exact cause for the condition, Dr. DiBona will provide you with the best TMJ treatment option for your situation.