Dentures of some sort have been around for millenia. Way, way back, they were often constructed from bones or real teeth and were likely not terribly attractive nor comfortable. If your grandparents or parents wore prosthetic teeth, they were certainly a huge improvement over animal bones, but you may remember them as being a little too big, a little too bright, and not quite natural looking.
So it’s understandable if you are hesitant about looking into this tooth-replacement option for yourself. But rest assured. Today’s modern dentures are far superior to even the ones available a few years ago.
Thanks to more advanced materials, digital imaging, and state-of-the-art manufacturing methods, your full or partial dentures will fit perfectly, be comfortable to wear, and look like real teeth. You can even combine them with dental implants for total security.
Call Denise DiBona DDS, LLC today for a denture consultation in Red Bank, NJ. Dial 732-945-5343.
Dentures Give You Your Smile Back
Missing teeth are bad for your self esteem and your health. Dentures restore function and give you the confidence to engage with the world once again.
- Gaps in your grin will cause your facial muscles to collapse, causing a sunken, aged look. Dentures prevent this from happening.
- Dentures restore your ability to chew and speak properly.
- Dentures supported by dental implants help maintain jawbone health and prevent bone loss.
We Have the Perfect Denture for You
Full Traditional Dentures
Replace a full arch of missing teeth with a removable custom denture. This prosthetic consists of a gum-colored acrylic base with lifelike artificial teeth. An upper denture will cover the gums and roof of the mouth for a secure fit, while a lower denture is horseshoe-shaped so it doesn’t interfere with the tongue. Your custom denture is crafted using precise molds of your teeth.
Partial Traditional Denture
A partial denture is used if you are missing a few teeth in an arch. It is made up of a gum-colored base and a metal frame that supports beautiful artificial teeth that are crafted to fit into your smile perfectly.
One of the most exciting advancements in denture technology is the use of dental implants to secure them in place.
A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically inserted into your jawbone. It serves as an artificial tooth root. The dental implant heals over the course of several months, and as it does, the metal fuses with your bone and effectively becomes part of your body in a process called osseointegration. Once this stage is complete, you come back to the dental office and we attach a connector called an abutment and a restoration.
If you are missing one tooth, that restoration is usually a crown. If you are missing several, we can attach a bridge or a denture.
And we can attach your denture using just a few dental implants — as opposed to one for each tooth, which would be prohibitively costly.
At Denise DiBona, DDS, LLC, we offer two types of implant dentures. Implant-retained dentures utilize a ball-style attachment, while implant-supported dentures utilize a bar attachment.
You must have a strong, healthy jawbone for successful implant denture treatment. If you’ve suffered bone loss due to missing teeth for several years, we may be able to rebuild the thickness of your jawbone with bone grafting.
Implant-retained dentures and implant-supported dentures offer a number of benefits over conventional dentures.
- They do not require the use of messy dental adhesives to stay in place.
- They secure directly to an abutment that’s attached to the titanium post. They do not cover your palate like traditional upper arch dentures. Because of this, they do not affect your speech or ability to taste and smell foods.
- There is no danger of them shifting around your mouth or worse, falling out altogether. They stay securely in place.
- Implant dentures give you the most natural smile.
- Unlike traditional dentures, implant dentures feel and function like real teeth. Your biting force will be restored, you won’t have the same food limitations, and they feel so normal, you may even forget you have artificial teeth!
Don’t Go a Day without Teeth
Don’t worry. If you have extractions scheduled and are worried about walking around toothless while your custom dentures are made, we have a solution to ensure you don’t go a day without teeth. Dr. DiBona can fit you with a lovely set of temporary dentures that will go home with you the day of your extraction.