When you start a new summer season, you’re not staying safely inside on the couch hoping to avoid disaster.
No! You’re looking forward to fun in the sun with your family and friends!
That doesn’t mean you’re a sitting duck for dental emergencies, though. It just means you have our team at Denise DiBona, DDS LLC to help you create a plan and have a place to go for fast dental treatment when you need it!
Create Your Own Dental Emergency Plan!
You can find dental emergency kits to purchase online, but why do that if you can easily create your own? Here are a few helpful items to have on hand especially for sudden accidents that affect your teeth and gums:
- Sterile gauze
- Disposable gloves
- Dental wax and cement
- Small dry cloth
- Non-aspirin pain relievers
- Dental mirror
- Small container with a lid
- The number for your Red Bank dentist!
*A Quick Guide For Dental Injuries*
Here are three common dental emergencies we see the most, especially during this time of year! Look at these examples as your quick guide for how to respond, should any of them happen to you or someone in your family!
- You Lose A Tooth – Having a tooth knocked out doesn’t have to necessarily mean your tooth is lost forever. If you keep it moist in a sealed container of milk or water and bring it with you to your emergency dental appointment, we may be able to save it! If not, we’ll provide the best replacement option for your situation.
- You Damage A Tooth – Chipping or breaking a tooth isn’t as hard to do as you might think. It can happen during a lively game of hide and seek with the kids, or as a result of biting down the wrong way on a bone when eating barbecue ribs. Whatever the case, you should call us for an emergency appointment so we can provide the restorative treatment you need to keep the tooth, and your smile, intact.
- You Have Dental Pain – Your body tells you when something isn’t right, and pain is it’s easiest communicator! So when you have a toothache, or dental pain of any kind, it’s important to take it seriously. It means there’s an underlying problem that, we can promise you, will only worsen in severity and intensity if you try to manage it on your own. Call us right away so we can examine your mouth for the true source of the problem, treat it, and get you out of pain fast!
Call Your Red Bank Emergency Dentist!
You’ll be fine in the face of summer dental emergencies as long as you remember two things:
- Having a plan in place will go a long way in helping you stay calm.
- You can always count on your Red Bank emergency dentist for help!
When you experience a dental injury or toothache, don’t waste time second-guessing yourself! Call Denise DiBona, DDS, LLC right away at 732-945-5343 for an emergency dental appointment. You can also fill out our online form to set up non-emergency appointments in Red Bank, NJ.