There’s a reason that traditional dentures have been around for hundreds of years. They are a reliable way to replace missing teeth and get your smile back. They do have some drawbacks, however. Yet those drawbacks vanish with dental implant dentures.
With implant dentures, our dentists attach your replacement teeth to dental implants that are embedded into your jaw. Doing so creates several important advantages:
- More Confidence – Traditional dentures sit on top of your gums, held in place mostly by suction (often supplemented with denture adhesive). Unfortunately, this means your dentures can slip out of place –sometimes at the most embarrassing moments. With implant dentures, your teeth aren’t going anywhere. They stay put, with no adhesive needed.
- Better Chewing Ability – The added security of dentures that won’t slip also makes it possible for you to eat any kind of foods you’d like. You can once again enjoy foods you may have been avoiding, like crunchy apples.
- Prevention of Bone Loss – During the first year following tooth loss, the bone in your jaw shrinks about 25 percent. The process continues, which can change the structure of your face and make you look older. Once they are embedded in your jaw, implants stimulate your jawbone a lot like natural tooth roots do, which keeps the bone strong.
- Easier Care – You’ll need to soak your removable dentures in a special solution to clean them. With some kinds of implant dentures, you won’t need to change your hygiene routine. You’ll just brush and floss the way you always have. Plus, since implants will help stop bone loss, you won’t need to have your dentures relined to maintain a snug fit.
- Enhanced Comfort – Implant dentures won’t rub against your gums the way that conventional dentures can. So you won’t get uncomfortable sore spots.
At Denise DiBona DDS, we offer several types of dental implant dentures. You can even receive your implants and replacement teeth on the same day. If implants aren’t for you, you can choose traditional dentures instead. Either way, we’ll ensure you’re happy with your new smile!
To schedule a consultation in Red Bank, NJ to see which option is right for you, call us today at 732-945-5343.